Fisherman's Crab Deck opened in the summer of 1991. Owned and operated by the Schulz family, the Crab Deck is the next to the family's other restaurant, Fisherman's Inn. It's roots date back to 1930 when Kent Narrows was nothing more than a marsh. Captin Alex Thomas and his wife Mae opened the original Fisherman's Inn as a restaurant and grocery store. They lived upstairs with their two children, often renting their own bedrooms to anglers while they slept on the front porch swing. In 1939, a second floor was added with more guest rooms. When the Chesapeake Bay Bridge was opened in 1952, the addition of a screened porch created seats for even more hungry guests.
The couple's daughter, Betty, and son-in-law, Oscar "Sonny" Schulz, built and opened the new larger Fisherman's Inn in 1971. Three years later, the purchase of the adjoining the property paved the way for the establishment of Fisherman's Seafood Market.
In October 2002, a fire in the kitchen/seafood market portion of the Crab Deck building forced a delayed opening for the 2003 season. The seating area of the restaurant was unaffected but the seafood market and kitchen were rebuilt in their current form. In September 2003, the crab deck and adjoining areas were flooded during Hurricane Isabel.